Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Prime minister, Mr. Koizumi changed my image of politician. I support him and his regime. The reality is that a lot of people have some negative opinions. For example, politicians are greedy and tend to tell a lie. They alwayscheat money or something like that. In terms of Mr. Koizumi, manypeople are criticizing him and his policy. But I support him by showingtwo reasons.First, I feel his strong passion from his remarks in any case. For example, here is famous expression on Sumo tournament award ceremony. “You made it! I’m touched by your strong effort regardless your injury!” Some are criticizing this is just performance to catch voter’s favor. But I’ve never seen such a brisk politician like him.Second, he bears a lot of fruits. For instance, he visited North Korea twice by himself. As a result, he brought abductee back toJapan. Some are saying this is the worst outcome. But I consider thiskind of activity is a good step further. Who has ever handled thisabduction issue other than Mr. Koizumi? He made indelible work inhistory. Mr. Koizumi changed my negative image of politicians into positive one.However, here is Achilles heel. Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi andSouth Korean President Roh Moo Hyun failed to bridge their gap overperceptions of history during their talks in Seoul. He should avoidunnecessary conflicts to build a good reciprocal relationship.

No comments: