Saturday, February 18, 2006

Yesterday, I went to see my mother in the hospital who is suffering fromsenile dementia. She can not tell even her son's name. But shenarrowly recognizes me. She's been already there for two years. I makeit a rule to see herevery two weeks. But yesterday was a little bit unusual for me. I gaveher some snacks and juice as usual . We chat for a while. Thing happenedwhen I was about to leave the room. I rolled her wheelchair to herfavorite place at which she spend almost whole day. I said good-bye. Iasked male nurse to unlock the door. The door is locked to prevent patientfrom prowling. I went out the room. The male nurse locked the door again. Iwaited for elevator coming. But it took relatively long time to come tothe floor. THEN, she appeared by the door and gazed me. Shemaneuvered her wheelchair to the door by herself. I almost burst intotears. I waved my hands again and again. Apparently, her infirmity of oldage are aggravating little by little. I can't help feeling blue.

No comments: