Friday, August 26, 2005

What do you think about Sony? What kind of image do you have?I can guess a lot of people have positive images in a sense.But the reality is that it runs into a problem that is all too common at the electronics giant.There are many levels of hierarchy for making decision. Employees are overly cautious and conservative.Their transactions are redtape. For example, I've played a role as a coordinator between Japan and affiliated company abroad.Two sides encountered some conflicts over even trivial issue. I sometimes had a hard time between the two. Japanese engineers want to keep their traditional ways which have been accepted among them for a long time.They don't like breaking their existing rules. On the other hand, American/British engineers tend to question Japanese way and urged me to change their rules.I tried to be in neutral as much as possible. But American/British engineers ideas were logical to me at that time.I thought Japanese engineers should have plenty of courage to change the status quo, guts to break down an old custom.This is what people in the world expect for Sony. I know it's easier said than done.

No comments: