Monday, April 17, 2006

I'm very tickled to pink to know that there is one guy who has an avant-garde idea and realize it. One enterprising young guy -- William Christophers, he sells Takoyaki(Japanese octopus dumpling) in the UK. I'd like to send hearty cheers to him. http://www.willyaki.co.uk/index.htm
Why do I have a particular fondness of him? To tell you the truth, I had a completely same idea with him. About 9 years ago, I came up with this idea. When I visited the US and the UK on business trip, I noticed one thing. There are tons of Japanese food restaurants there. But I've never seen Takoyaki. They serve Sushi or Tempura. However they don't serve Takoyaki. I thought it might become a good bussiness. Renting tenant is a little bit risky. So I thought Yatai(food stall) type would be suitable. Besides, it's easy to move. It must be a huge advantage, I believe. Mr. Christophers actually runs the business with stall. He knows a good thing when he sees it. And he named Takoyaki "Willyaki". Probably, "Willyaki" comes from his first name -- William. I wanted to name Takoyaki "Takayaki" as same manner. Taka as in Takayaki comes from my first name -- Takahide. I used to express this idea to my friends and acquaintances. Some said it's cool idea. Others vilified me. Now, I'm very pleased to know Mr. Christophers realized the idea in stead of me. I'd like to express great sympathy from the bottom of my heart. I hope for his continued success on his challenge.

1 comment:

karekora said...

Takoyaki... yummmmmmm!!! Why Sheffield, though - Willyaki, come to London!!