Monday, April 24, 2006

This morning, I met one eye disabled lady on my way to the office.When I got off the train, I noticed her walking with a white stick. She was engulfed by a wave of commuter crowd. She could narrowly walk along with the wave. But she didn't know the queuing at the ticket gate.So I assisted her to stop for a while until her turn came. After we passed the gate, she expressed her thanks to me. I was worry about another difficulty for her. I followed her without saying. She found thestair and walk up the stair on her own. When I saw her taking walkman or iPod from her bag, I thought excessive help is not necessary for her. She might be more independent than I expected.

1 comment:

karekora said...

its amazing how much I rely on my eyes. But, I guess if I lost my eyesight I wouldnt let it ruin my life - I'd still want to be independent. I guess you've got to be strong.